COVID-19 Response & Policy
Read how myHHBS is responding to the pandemic.
As we all are trying to adjust to the drastic changes in this time, we at myHHBS are making changes and creating new ideas to still be able to provide service and therapy to our clients.
We know times are hard right now especially with children being home. COVID-19 has created a barrier between children and essential therapy. Consistency of therapy is particularly important and crucial to see improvement in your child. Positive changes of behavior and performance is resulted by ongoing sessions and dedication. For that reason, our company is taking extreme safety precautions for you and our staff in order to still provide in-home and center, one-on-one services to our clients. By doing so, we created a COVID – 19 policy within our office and agency, we have provided our staff with safety gear such as masks, face shields, gloves, sanitizer equipment, keep safe manuals, and social distancing requirements. We also have implemented safety procedures with whoever visits our office. People other than the staff and client are not allowed into the therapy rooms. And whoever visits must have a mask, temperature check, answer COVID checklist, and sanitize.
However, if you still do not feel comfortable to have in-home services we understand. That is why we implemented TeleHealth to our services. ABA Therapy TeleHealth brings ABA Services to your child remotely through the use of technology. It is universally used during a time like this to keep your child engaged and receive consistent care. Many of our clients are currently using TeleHealth and are optimistic and positive of the results.
Regardless of your choice, we are here for you! During this pandemic, our agency is on the front lines to assist our families with any questions and/or support you need.
Read the FAQs below for more on Telehealth and COVID-19 Safety Policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you accept insurance/what insurance do you accept?
We accept most insurance except LA CARE. This includes Aetna, Anthem, Beacon, Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Cigna, HealthNet, Humana, Tri-Care, Magellan, MHN, Medical Insurance.
What is the process to start?
Call 888-9MY-HHBS to talk to our Admission Director. Our Admission Director will discuss the steps to get started such as insurance authorization to complete a Functional Behavior Assessment. Once we have authorization our BCBA Clinical Director will complete the assessment and we can set up a schedule.
Do you provide services virtually?
Telehealth sessions can be utilized via Zoom, Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp, etc. When you begin, a supervisor will be there to explain to you (the parents) how telehealth sessions work and make sure you and your child are comfortable.
When services are in-person what safety and health precautions are you taking?
- Staff, Parents/Guardians must take temperatures upon entering building.
- Staff, Parents/Guardians must wash their hands before and after every session.
- Staff must wear gloves and protective face masks.
- Staff must clean and sanitize the therapy room before and after sessions.
- Staff and Parents/Guardians must complete daily check-in log, answering questions regarding health and exposure.
- If clients or attendees have a fever, or any other symptoms of being sick, they will be sent home and rescheduled.
- When Parents/Guardians come to pick up their child they must wait outside the building until staff brings out their child.
- Therapy Room: No one, other than the Therapists, Supervisors, Clinical Director and Clients are allowed in the Center Room.
- Every 30 mins make sure that the room is sanitized and cleaned.
Are all services provided in the center and at home?
All therapy can be provided at home or center except for our social skills group which is exclusively at the center.
How old are the children that you work with? Do you work with teenagers?
We work with children and teens of all ages. Our clients are between the ages of 1-21.