Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy is an evidence-based approach that helps individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) develop social, communication, and behavioral skills. Many families choose to have an in-home ABA therapist visit their child to provide personalized therapy in a comfortable and familiar environment.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for an in-home ABA therapist visit:
- Set expectations: Before the therapist arrives, it’s essential to communicate with them and set expectations for the session. Discuss the goals for the visit and ask any questions you have about the therapy process.
- Choose a quiet and comfortable space: ABA therapy sessions require focus and attention, so it’s important to choose a quiet and comfortable space in your home where your child can feel relaxed. Remove any distractions and provide a comfortable seat for your child and the therapist.
- Inform family members and pets: It’s important to inform family members and pets that a therapist will be visiting your home. Let them know that they should avoid interrupting the session, and if possible, keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Prepare materials: Your therapist may request that you have certain materials available during the session, such as toys, books, or other activities. Make sure to have these items ready before the therapist arrives.
- Review the therapy plan: Review the therapy plan with your therapist before the session begins. This will help you understand the goals of the session and how to reinforce the behaviors learned during therapy.
- Be present: During the therapy session, it’s important to be present and engaged. You can observe the therapy and take notes, but it’s important not to interfere with the therapist’s work.
- Provide feedback: After the session, provide feedback to the therapist about your child’s progress and any concerns you have. This will help the therapist tailor their approach to better meet your child’s needs.
By following these tips, you can help create a comfortable and productive environment for your child’s ABA therapy sessions. With the right preparation and support, your child can make significant progress towards their goals and improve their quality of life.
Give Us A Call!
Or fill out the form and we will contact you within 24 hours!
In 2020 myHHBS become accredited with BHCOE, Behavioral Heath Center of Excellence. myHHBS had to go through an audit process against 200 other behavioral agencies to determine center of excellence, and by holding high standards and providing quality service myHHBS was recognized as a Center of Excellence! Read more about it here.